In 1996, Pavol Mačinga started as Project and Business Manager at the Slovak daily SME. Previously worked in the weekly magazine Trend.
In 1998, he joined VACULIK ADVERTISING on the post of Media Manager, since 2000 he was the media director and participated in advertising campaigns for brands Dr. Oetker, Eliot, Elite Model Look, EuroTel, Kenvelo, Panasonic, Tatra banka, UPC, and many more.
His innovative approach to the media contributed to winning several prestigious awards at the international advertising festival in Cannes (shortlisted in the categories “Best Use of Newspaper” and “Best Media Mix” for campaign for the first Slovak Internet bank Eliot). He also contributed to winning nominations at the European Advertising Festival Golden Drum in the category Campaign, where he was the co-author of an interactive/playing bus stop shelter/CLV (for Radio B1), and in the category Press for the use of innovative media formats in a daily for the client Tatra Banka.
In 2003, Pavol Mačinga became Media Manager at ČSOB bank, where he sheltered media planning and buying for the ČSOB group first in Slovakia and since 2004 in the Czech Republic. At the Czech FLE media awards (FLEMA), he won the first place in the category Best Use of Printed Press for the campaign “Newspaper for One Crown” for ČSOB.
Since 2010, Pavol Mačinga is executive and consultant at Macinga.com, s.r.o. (ex Macinga Media, s.r.o.), where he has directly worked for brands ABB, Buřinka, Caprio, Česká spořitelna, ETA, Figo, Fortuna, ING, Jupík, Kofola, Kubík, Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (MEYS, MŠMT in Czech), Orangina, Poštová banka, Rajec, Relax, River, Vinea, and others, indirectly for Laufen, Microsoft, Czech Tourism, and others. (Others meaning brands with strict NDAs).
After twenty years of experience in the field, he adds to his list of activities a non- commercial one from the 2013. He begins to write a blog called “Blogger Macinga” with the subheading „Authors’ opinions in the area of planning and purchasing media from the client‘s, media‘s and media agencies’ point of view.
World – Cannes Lions
- Short-listed in the category: Best Use of Newspapers[ELIOT, green double daily Pravda]; co-author of two one-day campaigns for the first Slovak Internet bank Eliot
- Short-listed in the category: Best Media Mix [ELIOT, 15 000-times bigger]; co-author of two one-day campaigns for the first Slovak Internet bank Eliot
European – Golden Drum
- Short-listed in the category: Campaign [B1 Radio]; co-author of an interactive/playing bus stop shelter/CLV.
- Short-listed in the category: Printed Media [Tatra Banka, Series – Cover Pages, Photography]; author of the “blank” cover page.
Slovak – Golden Nail
- Golden Nail in the category: Other Media [B1 Radio]; co-author of an interactive/playing bus stop shelter/CLV.
- Silver Nail in the category: Black and White Ads [Tatra Banka, Series – Cover Pages, Photography]; author of the “blank” cover page.
Czech – Flema
- Winner in the category: Best use of Printed Press [CSOB, newspaper for one crown]; author of the concept of newspaper for one crown in two countries.